1953-1962 Corvette Electric Power Steering Conversion Kit
Eckler's Automotive strives to bring you the BEST QUALITY parts at the BEST PRICE! That’s our personal guarantee and promise to you, our valuable customers. We’re so confident in our services and our pricing, we will match any currently advertised retail price (excluding sales pricing) for identical parts and products. If you find the same item, brand and MFG part number from any current website, advertisement, catalog or flyer, we offer here at Eckler’s. Call us at 877-815-5799 to place your order so that we can verify and then match the current retail price. It’s really that simple!
- Complete EPAS Performance Electric Power Steering Conversion Kit
- Allows For Maximum Power Assist In A Parking Lot & Less Assist On The Highway
- Requires Modification Of Steering Column - See PDF instructions For Detail
- Everything Is Located Under Your Dash And Is Almost Completely Invisible
- Kit Includes 60 Amp Electric Motor, Mounting Hardware, Prewired Control Module & Installation Instructions
- Features A Low 9 Amp Draw, Factory Calibrated, Reuses OE Hardware
- Even Works While The Engine Is Not Running
- Average Install Time For Professional Mechanic Is 12 Hours
- Engineered & Assembled In The USA
- 5 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
- NOTE: NO Cores Required. Requires Some Cutting. Steering Wheel & Steering Column Not Included.
How It Works: The computer measures the amount of effort on the steering wheel and amplifies it with the aid of the electric motor. A potentiometer (adjustment knob) allows you to have more or less assistance, so you can adjust the amount of power assist. For example, you can have maximum power assist in a parking lot, and less on the highway.
Why You Need It: Most new cars have electronic power steering because you don't need belt drive power steering pumps, hoses to transfer fluid, or potentially leaky hydraulic steering box or rack.
1953-62 Corvette electric power steering conversion kit improves steering and handling
WARNING This product can expose you to chemicals including Cadmium which is known to the State of California to cause cancer on birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, visit www.p65warnings.ca.gov
|Eck OEM Number||2001|
|Availability||Ships Direct From Manufacturer|
|Make / Model||Series||Body||Notes||Year|
|Make / Model Chevrolet Corvette Base||Series||Body||Notes||Year 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962|