America's Hottest Hot Rod! '65 Impala based on a 2008 Corvette!
Detroit Autorama 2015
Chip Foose-designed 1965 "Imposter" Chevy Impala that won this year's Ridler award, owned by Don Voth during the 63rd annual Autorama in Detroit.
The Impala is actually a 2008 Corvette, bought new by the Voths, with body panels massaged by Foose into an Impala lookalike.
The Imposter has the Corvette's stock engine, but the frame was stretched 8 inches. The Impala body was shortened 14 inches.
Foose said Don Voth and his wife Elma drove a 1965 Chevrolet Impala SS on their honeymoon, and wanted to remember that car with one that handled like a modern Vette.
One-off custom 20-inch wheels on the Imposter.
The Corvette electronics, including OnStar, still work in the interior.
- Ford Quick Tips
- Ford Technical Features
- Featured Fords
- Ford News
- Ford Videos
- Featured Chevelle
- Chevelle Technical Features
- Chevelle Quick Tips
- Late Chevy Quick Tips
- Late Chevy Technical Features
- Featured Late Chevys
- Ford Hobby Misc.
- Chevy Quick Tips
- Featured Classic Chevys
- Classic Chevy News
- Project Chevys
- Chevy Videos
- 1956 Classic Chevys
- 1957 Classic Chevys
- 1955-1964 Corvette Exhaust Manifold ID
- Classic 1955-65 Corvette Camshaft ID
- Early Corvette Trim Tag ID
- Classic Mustang Wheel and Tire Combinations Part 2
- Classic Mustang Wheel and Tire Combinations Part 1
- Interior Upgrades for your Classic Mustang
- Early Corvette Water Pumps
- Early Muncie 4-Speed Identification
- 1967 Corvette Drivetrain Identification
- Eyes on the Prize - A high-maintenance '57 Nomad’s Makeover