Chevy-GMC Truck 427 C.I. Small Block 540HP Blueprint Pro Series Crate Engine w/ Roller Cam & Aluminum Heads, 1955-1982
Eckler's Automotive strives to bring you the BEST QUALITY parts at the BEST PRICE! That’s our personal guarantee and promise to you, our valuable customers. We’re so confident in our services and our pricing, we will match any currently advertised retail price (excluding sales pricing) for identical parts and products. If you find the same item, brand and MFG part number from any current website, advertisement, catalog or flyer, we offer here at Eckler’s. Call us at 877-815-5799 to place your order so that we can verify and then match the current retail price. It’s really that simple!
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- 427 Small Block Chevy Crate Engine, 540HP, 535 Ft. Lbs. Torque, 1.26HP Per Cubic Inch
- More Horsepower Than C7 Stingray On 91 Octane Pump Gasoline
- Dyno Tested Prior To Shipping, Includes Actual Dyno Test Sheet & Detailed Install Guide
- 30 Month, 50,000 Mile Limited Manufacturer Warranty
- Balanced, Blueprinted, & Professionally Assembled By Hand In the USA
- Engine Size: 427 C.I. Small Block Chevy
- Block: New 4 Bolt Main World Products Cast Iron, 2 Piece Rear Main Seal, Driver Side Dipstick, 4.125" Bore, Squared & Parrallel Decked, Align Honed Main Bearing Bore, Cylinders Are Sonic Tested For Thickness
- Rotating Assembly: 4340 Forged Steel Crank w/4.000" Stroke, 4340 Forged 6" Rods with 150,000 PSI Bolts, Forged Aluminum 10.0:1 Pistons, Hastings Moly Rings, Melling High Volumne Oil Pump, Heavy Duty Double Roller Timing Chain
- Cylinder Heads: BluePrint 23 Degree Aluminum, 64CC Chamber, 220cc Intake & 67cc Exhaust Runners, 2.08" Intake & 1.60" Exhaust Stainless Valves w/Swirl Polished Undercut Stem, 5 Angle Valve Job, Chrome Nickel Valve Seats, Manganese Bronze Valve Guides, Chromeoly Retainers, 7 Degree Valve Locks, Roller Rocker Arms, Dual Valve Springs, Guideplates, 7/16" Rocker Arm Studs w/Guide Plates For 5/16" Pushrods, & Viton Valve Stem Seals, Intake Flows 254 CFM & Exhaust Flows 208 CFM @ .500 Lift & 28" Of Vacuum, Fits Perimeter & Center Bolt Valve Covers
- Camshaft: Aggressive Hydraulic Roller, .577 Intake, .577 Exhaust, 240 Intake, 248 Exhaust Duration @0.50, 112 Lobe Separation
- Intake Manifold: Single Plane Satin Aluminum, Similar To Edelbrock Performer RPM
- Carburetor: 850 CFM AED or Holley, Manual Choke, Jetted For 2,150 Ft. Elevation, Re-Jetting May Be Required
- Distributor: BluePrint or MSD Pro Billet, Initial Timing Set To 10-16 Degrees & Total Timing 32-34 Degrees
- Includes: Valve Covers, Oil Pan, Timing Cover, Brass Freeze Plugs
- Does Not Include: Spark Plugs, BluePrint Spark Plug Wires, Short Aluminum Water Pump, Harmonic Balancer, Flex Plate Or Flywheel, Or Air Cleaner
- Recommended Harmonic Balancer: 400 C.I. Weighted 8" Diameter
- Recommended Flex Plate Or Flywheel: 350 Weighted (1-Piece Rear Main Seal Externally Balanced)
- Recommended Spark Plugs: Champion 792 with .045 Gap
- Recommended Stall Converter: 2,000 - 2,400 RPM
- Recommended Air Cleaner: 14"x3"
- Recommended Engine Oil: 10W30 Non-Synthetic
- Recommended Minimum Octane Fuel: 91
- NOTE: This engine may not clear your factory hood...hood modifications or an aftermarket hood may be required. This engine is shipped dry without engine oil. All horsepower and torque numbers are provided by the crate engine manufacturer and are within 2% of advertised numbers.. These numbers were achieved on a professionally operated dynamometer to compensate for variables such as altitude, temperature, relative humidity, vapor pressure, and barometric pressure. The number provided were measured is at the flywheel, corrected to SAE J1349 standards, and NOT at the rear wheels. Measured rear wheel horsepower can be anywhere from 15-25% less than flywheel horsepower. Many factors will affect horsepower the horsepower numbers you will see and include exhaust header selection & diameter, ignition and fuel system components, fuel octane rating & quality, proper torque converter selection (if equipped with automatic transmission), drivetrain efficiency, etc.
About BluePrint Engines: BluePrint Engines was founded 20 years ago on the principle of building great engines at affordable prices. Since then, they've built over 300,000 engines and have been featured on Over-Hauling, Counting Cars, Fat and Furious TV shows. BluePrint relentlessly builds and dyno tests engine combinations that deliver a balanced combination of power with long term durability. Once a winning combination is approved, their ISO 9001:2008 world class standards to produce each engine with consistent and repeatable performance and high quality. In fact, all engines will deliver power within 2% of the advertised number which leads the industry.
An engine is only as good as the components in it and that's why BluePrint selects name brand components are used wherever possible. Each engine is assembled carefully by hand by a master engine builder. Upon completion, each engine is hot tested for leaks and dyno tested...you even receive the actual dyno test sheet of YOUR engine before shipping. BluePrint stands behind each crate engine with a 30 month 50,000 mile limited warranty.
1955-1982 (C1, C2, C3) Corvette 427 C.I. Small Block 540HP Blueprint Pro Series Crate Engine w/ Roller Cam & Aluminum Heads
|Availability||Ships Direct From Manufacturer|
|Make / Model||Series||Body||Notes||Year|
|Make / Model Chevrolet Corvette Collectors Edition||Series||Body||Notes||Year 1982|
|Make / Model Chevrolet Corvette Pace Car||Series||Body||Notes||Year 1978|
|Make / Model Chevrolet Corvette Standard||Series||Body||Notes||Year 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1968, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982|
|Make / Model Chevrolet Corvette Stingray||Series||Body||Notes||Year 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976|